FOOD WRITING COURSES
Lesson 1: What kind of food writer are YOU?
Fancy being a food writer?
Are you a keen home cook who would like to share your recipes with a wider audience? A trained chef who’s keen to develop a food-writing sideline? A blogger who’d like to see your work in print? If you fancy a new career as a food writer, be sure to book on one of my intensive, one-day food writing courses in London covering:
- What kind of food writer are you? We explore your options: from restaurant reviewing to investigative journalism; food and travel, to healthy eating and celebrity interviews
- How to break in. Openings for absolute beginners.
- How to pitch your ideas to editors of web-sites, newspapers and magazines
- How to present recipes clearly so they are easy to follow
- Why seasonality is key to food writing
- How to give your ideas topical hooks and timely tags
- How to write appetisingly and avoid cliches
- What makes a good restaurant review
Give yourself an edge in this highly competitive field. Cost £249 – or £199 each if you bring a friend.
One-day London food writing courses (in SW12) run from 10:30am-4pm.
Upcoming dates: July 12, Aug 17, 2019. If London isn’t convenient for you, try my email service.
To book or for more details, please call me on 07970 429282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book on one of my London food-writing courses:
It’s so easy. Step 1: choose your date. Step 2: I’ll confirm availability and email you payment details. Step 3: please pay the course fee in full to secure your place and receive a choice of short writing exercises (you only have to do one) to complete by the course start date. Not compulsory but it gives me a clear idea of where your talents and interests lie. The course fee is not refundable but you can change your chosen date if something comes up. Step 4: Submit your exercise to me and I’ll email you full joining instructions.
‘I recommend a day with Sally as essential for anyone who is serious about their food writing and who wants to make their work incisive, current and of interest to a wide audience. Thank you, Sally, for your help and encouragement.’
David Hack, author of The Back To Basics Diet
‘Very interesting and a real eye-opener. Enjoyed it very much.’
Tony Zoccola, founder of the East Dulwich Deli
The ideal birthday present…for wannabe food writers
Know a keen cook who’s always wanted to get into food writing? A one-day food-writing course makes an original and thoughtful gift. I’ll send you an attractive card and voucher to present on the day.
Text 07970 429282 or email email@example.com to arrange.